Laine Magazine | Issue 19 :: PREORDER
PREORDER.... available on (or about) December 8th. Orders including preorders will ship as one when all items are available, if you're ordering other items you would like sooner, please place 2 separate orders. Thanks!
Laine is an international knit and lifestyle magazine. In issue 19 (Winter 2023), we showcase 11 beautiful knitting patterns as well as interesting articles from the world of fibre.
Designers featured in this issue: Alexandra Atepaeva, Jennifer Brou, Maxim Cyr, Ronja Hakalehto, Helga Isager, Pauliina Leisti, Agata Mackiewicz, Yukie Onodera, Marie Régnier, Jacqueline van Dillen and Veera Välimäki.
Issue 19, Winter 2024, includes:
- 148 pages
- 11 knitting patterns (both charts and written instructions provided): 4 sweaters, 1 cardigan, 2 vests, 1 skirt, 1 shawl, 1 hat, 1 pair of socks.
- An interview with the Japanese artist Tomomi Mimura, who uses basic darning stitches to embroider charming animal characters.
- An article about the American sheep shearer Pony Jacobson, and why this age-old craft is vital both for sheep’s health and the textile industry.
- Jeanette Sloan’s Fibre Talk: A regular article on Jeanette chatting with interesting people. In this issue, she meets Sari Monroy, a fibre artist and writer who draws on her Mayan Kaqchikel heritage.
- Five Ways by our regular writer Päivi Kankaro, who explores what kind of skills knitters should practise to increase their brain health.
- Where I Knit: a regular piece that pictures people knitting in their favourite spot. In this issue, we meet Atia, who knits in her beautiful London living room.
- Seasonal recipes to inspire your winter cooking
- Book reviews.