Brooklyn Tweed | SHELTER
We're restocking our Brooklyn Tweed yarns as they become available, sign up for email notifications if the color you want is out of stock and you'll get a notification as soon as it's available again. Thanks!
140 yards (128 meters) | 50 grams | Worsted weight
2-ply woolen-spun construction
23-24 micron Targhee-Columbia wool from Wyoming
Wool scoured at Bollman Industries in Texas
Fleece-dyed heathered colorways:
- Stock dyed at G.J. Littlewood & Son in Pennsylvania
- Spun & finished at Harrisville Designs in New Hampshire
Skein-dyed solid colors:
- Spun at Harrisville Designs in New Hampshire
- Skein dyed & finished at Ultimate Textile in North Carolina
100% developed, sourced, processed, dyed and spun in the USA.
As a result of its woolen-spun manufacturing process, Shelter is suitable for a wonderful range of gauges:
- 5 stitches to 1" | Suggested Needle: 4½ mm (US 7)
- 4½ stitches to 1" | Suggested Needle: 5 mm (US 8)
- 4¼ stitches to 1" | Suggested Needle: 5½ mm (US 9)
Meet Shelter, our versatile 2-ply worsted weight yarn. Soft and sturdy American Targhee-Columbia wool is spun woolen style – airy clouds of carded fiber become a yarn with remarkable lightness, warmth and a traditionally handcrafted appearance, ideal for sweaters, cozy accessories, and blankets. Wet block after knitting to reveal Shelter’s full beauty as each stitch relaxes and bonds with its neighbors to produce a plush fabric with a soft, fuzzy halo.
All images © Brooklyn Tweed | Jared Flood