Brooklyn Tweed | SHELTER
12 NEW skein-dyed colors of Shelter are here!
We're restocking our Brooklyn Tweed yarns as they become available, sign up for email notifications if the color you want is out of stock and you'll get a notification as soon as it's available again. Thanks!
140 yards (128 meters) | 50 grams | Worsted weight
2-ply woolen-spun construction
23-24 micron Targhee-Columbia wool from Wyoming
Wool scoured at Bollman Industries in Texas
Fleece-dyed heathered colorways:
- Stock dyed at G.J. Littlewood & Son in Pennsylvania
- Spun & finished at Harrisville Designs in New Hampshire
Skein-dyed solid colors:
- Spun at Harrisville Designs in New Hampshire
- Skein dyed & finished at Ultimate Textile in North Carolina
100% developed, sourced, processed, dyed and spun in the USA.
As a result of its woolen-spun manufacturing process, Shelter is suitable for a wonderful range of gauges:
- 5 stitches to 1" | Suggested Needle: 4½ mm (US 7)
- 4½ stitches to 1" | Suggested Needle: 5 mm (US 8)
- 4¼ stitches to 1" | Suggested Needle: 5½ mm (US 9)
Meet Shelter, our versatile 2-ply worsted weight yarn. Soft and sturdy American Targhee-Columbia wool is spun woolen style – airy clouds of carded fiber become a yarn with remarkable lightness, warmth and a traditionally handcrafted appearance, ideal for sweaters, cozy accessories, and blankets. Wet block after knitting to reveal Shelter’s full beauty as each stitch relaxes and bonds with its neighbors to produce a plush fabric with a soft, fuzzy halo.
All images © Brooklyn Tweed | Jared Flood